Finding great, scenic dog walking routes in Oak Park is something we’re always sniffing around for. While Sherlock’s nose is to the ground (searching for squirrel clues, of course!), it’s a treat for parents to take in such sights as unique architecture, local history, or beautiful natural landscapes. Our paws have done some walkin’, so we’ve compiled a list of our favorite routes across town for you and your pups to check out!
- Elizabeth Court: Our Pet Sitters love to walk down Elizabeth Court, that short windy street between Forest and Kenilworth off of Erie. It’s a beautiful, quiet street with the added reward of enormous gorgeous houses at the other end on Kenilworth.
- Austin Gardens Park: Our Pet Sitter, Stephanie, takes Cooper for a walk starting at Superior Street and Forest Avenue and heads south down Forest Avenue and ends by Austin Gardens Park. This is a great route to take because you see some of the most beautiful houses. It’s also a tourist hot spot: she always sees people on Frank Loyd Wright tours taking pictures of the houses! A block north of Superior Street and Forest Avenue is the Frank Lloyd Wright Home and Studio which is very awesome to see.
- Thatcher in River Forest: Our Pet Sitter, Christy, loves walking Kelly & Keiko down Thatcher, watching Thatcher Woods change throughout the seasons, and of course spotting the occasional wildlife!!
Finding great, scenic dog walking routes in Chicago is something we’re always sniffing around for. While Sherlock’s nose is to the ground (searching for squirrel clues, of course!), it’s a treat for parents to take in such sights as unique architecture, local history, or beautiful natural landscapes. Our paws have done some walkin’, so we’ve compiled a list of our favorite routes across town for you and your pups to check out!
- The paths along Lake Michigan provide for some of the best and most scenic dog walking routes in Chicago! Vern lives in the Northeast of our Territory and loves walking along the Lake. There is a little known dog beach just North of Foster at the Lake, and it’s nice to walk by that area to watch the dogs play. The walk going South is great for skyline views and sunrises. Even on a gray day, this walk is scenic!
- We have a lot of pups that live in Wrigleyville, and a fun walk is around Wrigley Field. Beat the normal hustle and bustle of baseball season by going on a non-game day, early in the morning, or late at night–the quiet, stillness of the ball park is a treat. You can’t help but feel a little special to walk around such an historic area with just you and the pups!
- Lady Jane Mae & Bogey live just North of Millenium Park. It’s so fun to step outside their building, go West on Randolph, then enter Millenium Park. It’s nice and big, so in the middle of the day, there is plenty of space to walk around where you won’t run into other people or dogs. Just you and the pups being tourists in your own city!
Learn a little more about our Madison pet sitting superstars! Robin, specializing in cat care, is already becoming B.F.F.’s (your Best Friend’s Friend) with Madison area pets.
- I’m in charge of: Kitty Care! I dispense treats, chin scratches, and lots of love while pet parents are away!
- My furry family: 13 year old Zoe, who keeps my head warm at night, and Gracie, a 2 year old Snowshoe who loves to play tag with us!
- Super power: I would love to be immune to tickling.
- Best thing ever: A long walk on a warm summer day.
- Life philosophy: There is no problem so great that a good truffle cannot solve.
- My hidden talent: Decoupage.
Join Out-U-Go! Madison at Dane County Humane Society Bark & Wine for a lively evening of wine, beer, desserts, music and furry hosts at their eleventh annual event. All proceeds go to Dane County Humane Society programs and services in support of animals in need.
Join us in welcoming a brand new member of the OUG! Tally Team! Richard is a herpetologist that comes to us from the Indianapolis Zoo, where he took care of reptiles, birds, and small mammals, including the meerkats!! I know…the MEERKATS! Pretty darn cool, huh?!
He also has loads of experience of the canine and feline variety. So, good news if your best friend happens to be a frisky, tail waggin’ sun-loving frilled lizard…’cause Richard has it covered!
Honestly, just when I thought the Out-U-Go! Tallahassee Pet Sitting team couldn’t get any better, they go and get better.
Believe me: we go through A LOT of poop bags!! That’s why OUG! Tally is teaming up with our friends at Greentrees Pet Waste Removal Service to go a little greener–one poop bag at a time!!
Greentrees is committed to maintaining a clean environment that is safe and healthy for individuals and their families. Greentrees bio-based pet waste bags are 38% bio-based using American-grown agricultural products.
In our book, every little bit helps, so starting in May, Out-U-Go! Tallahassee Pet Care is switching to the Greentrees bio-based pet waste bags for all of our daily dog walks! Instead of continuing to use the standard plastic poop bags that are not earth friendly, we are making a commitment to be better stewards of our little corner of the planet.
If you would like more information, please visit Greentrees PWRS!
This picture explains our little man perfectly! We get to spend lots of time with him while his mama travels and have learned all of his hobbies and interests. Here he is schooling Aya in a game of chess at the park in Chicago’s South Loop neighborhood!
We’re so happy to finally see some signs of Spring! We’re getting our summer of fun organized with some pretty great events. Stay tuned because we would love to see our current and new Pet Parents with South Loop pups this summer!
Meet our featured Oak Park pet sitting superstar, Owen! Owen dog walks mostly in Forest Park, where is he B.F.F. (Best Friend’s Friend) to many of your happy pups!
- AKA: Ozone
- My favorite game: Balderdash
- My superpower would be: Telekinesis
- My furry family: My Pharaoh Hound and Lab mix Luca; she’s two years old.
- Life philosophy: We’re all human and we’re each trying to make it in our own way, so respect the unique ways in which one another lives their lives.
Meet our Chicago Pet Sitting Superstar, Maggie! Maggie dog walks in the Lincoln Park neighborhood of Chicago and is B.F.F. (Best Friend’s Friend) to many of the area’s pups!
- AKA: Mags
- Best gift ever: My first camera, definitely.
- My superpower would be: The ability to fly. How convenient and awesome would that be?!
- Favorite animal (other than cats & dogs): Other than cats & dogs? That’s tough! I would have to say elephants, because they’re amazing.
- Life philosophy: Golden rule. Be cool to your fellow humans. Everyone has a story and everyone has a struggle. Also, enjoy life as much as you can!