PUGS & KISSES!
The OUG! Gang!
It’s almost time for the 2018 Winter Olympics and cats everywhere are getting their cat nip and favorite viewing spots ready. Some cats love curling, a few enjoy snowboarding, but many will spend seconds watching luge. Why do cats love luge?
- Speed of event – very little sleep disruption
- Tight spandex. #respectthat
- Support any sport done while lying down
- Similar to Skeleton, but without reminding us of cat costumes
February’s P.O.T.M. is…
Big City, Little Dog: Mr. Magoo may not be the biggest fan of the snow, but with being less than a year old – everything is a new and exciting experience! Known to make human friends on the spot, he has quickly become a celebrity in his building and at the local parks. Mr. Magoo’s favorite activity is gobbling down his lunch everyday!
Winter tricks are the best. Playing in snow is awesome! Muddy and / or salty paws … far from ideal. Just a few reminders to help us keep your homes tidy and paws clean:
- Towels – please leave a towel for sitters to use for paw and floor clean up
- Natural Baby Wipes – not a bad idea to help our sitters remove any de-icing salt from paws
- Warm Weather Gear – booties & coats for all pups wanting (or willing) to sport ‘em
As always, please let our office know anything we can do or adjust in our routine to help keep happy pets and clean homes!
January’s P.O.T.M. is…
Age: 7 years
This old soul is as sweet as they come! Cooper and his Lab sister Darcy (not pictured) are more than happy out in this weather. They are both so sweet and often will help our sitters get geared up!
YAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
—The OUG! Gang!
Whoops, that was an awesome pet gif.
Seriously though, we think the following gifts are pretty awesome. Don’t fret that it’s too late because…you know…Amazon.
- The Maze Dog Bowl: This bowl was originally designed by M.C. Escher (unconfirmed) and perfect for speed eaters.
- Pup-Tub: Awesome tub for bathing small pups and the first item needed to build your Hot Dog Tub Time Machine.
- Petcube Play: 2-way audio, 1080 video, nephew of Hal 9000, and laser toy.
- The Modkat Litter box: Finally, a litterbox that I. M. Pei’s kitty can enjoy.
—The OUG! Gang
December’s P.O.T.M. is…
Type: Husky mix
Age: almost 5!
This is Gus. And despite being named after a bad guy (Breaking Bad, anyone?), Mr. Gus is a quiet and gentle pup when it comes to going for a walk and getting treats. His favorite watch post is the couch where he wags to greet you. Once he is out and about, he never wants to go back in! He loves to smell all the smells there are to smell and to get belly rubs!
Dogs love being turkeys and eating pumpkin, too. Don’t let Thanksgiving end without making these Pumpkin Sweet Potato Bites.
Headed out of town? We have your pet care needs covered! If you haven’t already requested care, please do so soon! We’ll fill up (both our visit schedule and bellies) for the holidays.
November’s P.O.T.M. is…
Type: Pit bull
Age: 7 years
Cupcake is a sweet little snugglebug! She loves to give kisses, and is just as happy taking a leisurely stroll around the block as she is napping on her bed. When Cupcake is really happy, you can tell by her little grunts! Her favorite things include Greenies, playing tug-of-war, and her kitty friend, Loretta.
—The OUG! Gang!
Arrrrrrr! Did someone say pirate cats?
The leaves are rustling and the air is getting crisp. That can only mean that Halloween is upon us—our favorite (we said favorite, not only) time of year to dress up our furry family members.
Hotdogs, cowboys, and superheroes are all great. Personally, we can’t get enough of this pirate cat:
If you really want to know how to do it up, these dachshunds know a thing or two about costume success:
We hope you’re planning the perfect Halloween get-up for your pets and we hope you’ll share lots of pictures!
Wags and early boos,
—The OUG! Gang
October’s P.O.T.M. is…
Age: 5 months
Ms. Marlie is a newer addition to the OUG! fam, but she’s already making friends as easy as can be! She’s a super curious little munchkin, and she loves exploring anything that might be a new toy—like these keys 🙂
Woof, Pet Parents!
Happy Responsible Dog Parent Day! Today’s your day – you get it all to yourself (yea, that’s not actually going to happen.) But, all the pups we’ve been visiting have been sharing just how grateful they are to have loving, responsible, and awesome Pet Parents in their lives and we couldn’t agree more.
Being a responsible pet parent is serious, no doubt. Since you’ve got that all under control, we’d recommend you spend the day celebrating being awesome. How, you ask? By taking your fur-kid to do something fun, of course. Pups aren’t being selfish about it, they just wouldn’t want you celebrating the big day alone.
- Head to the beach – the official final days of summer might be over, but the sunshine remains.
- Play at the Dog Park – your pup can brag to all their friends about how much better you are than all other Pet Parents.
- Take a nap – you deserve it – they insist.
- Grab a bite or a cold beverage – outside, where pups are welcome (they asked we mention that very important detail. Apparently there are places they can’t go?)
Thanks for being you and for always wanting what’s best for your pup and all things furry!
—The OUG! Gang
September’s P.O.T.M. is…
Type: Maine Coon
Age: 15 years
Mr. Willie is new to us, but he’s already a staff favorite! He spends most of his time hanging out on the patio, enjoying the summer sunsets and BBQ smells from his favorite hiding place: this cozy plant 🙂