Wanna spoil your pup this Thanksgiving with healthy treats? Would it be a bonus if those treats gave them fresh breath? After all, this makes including them in your obligatory Thanksgiving day nap a no-brainer. You’re welcome.
This treat is healthy, easy (and inexpensive) to make, and full of our favorite fall plentiful superfood – PUUUUUUUMMMMMPKIN!
This time of year is pretty fantastic—every human is given the opportunity to dress up their pet(s). Should you decide Y.E.S. to costumes on behalf of your fur-kid(s), know that we fully support you! Please don’t tell them we said that. But please DO snap some pics and share them with us #outugo.
A Couple Classics:
UPS delivery dog. The irony.
Everyone loves a walking taco.
How do you keep a horse healthy? Honestly…we don’t really know. What we do know is how to keep pooches healthy. Not so surprisingly, the best things you can do for your pet to keep them healthy are the same things recommended for humans.
- Healthy & Balanced Diet
- Daily Exercise Routine…and lots of walks
- Regular Check Ups
- Don’t Eat Too Much Pizza
Read more on OUG!’s blog Choose the Best Pet Food or Seven Super Foods at the next Farmers’ Market.
While our feline friends may not love jokes, they do (sometimes) enjoy being entertained by a fun toy. Mouse-on-a-string and a cardboard box are fun old classics. If you and your favorite feline are looking to change it up, here are some fun new kitty toys that we love.
- Tower of Tracks – This Tower is a triple threat (we mean challenge,) for all smart kitties determined to win!
- Yeowww Cat Nip Banana – Has every kitty going Bananas.
- Sushi & Catnip – Sushi – For kitties with exquisite taste.
Keepin’ it COOL
The dog days of summer are here. Here are some fur-friendly reminders for keeping things cool.
- Add ice to indoor water bowls
- Baby Pool!!!!
- Make tasty treats like Watermelon Pupcicles
- And everyone’s favorite…the hose game
Picking the Best Pet Food
We’re often asked which is the best food to feed your pup or kitty. There are so many options, it’s confusing—we get it. Like humans, pups and kitties respond differently to food based on their genetic make-up. And, needs change based on a pet’s age, activity level, and overall health. There isn’t a one size fits all answer. It’s always best to chat with your Vet. It also helps to keep the following factors in mind:
- Number of calories
- Meat listed as first ingredient (not a cheap filler…gross!)
- Percentage of protein
- Proximate analysis (amount of protein, fat, and fiber)
Feeling that early summer wanderlust? There’s a good chance your pup feels the same way – time for a road trip. We’ve put together a list of our favorite, pet welcoming hotels. From snuggling in at a boutique hotel to needing a quick stay while on the road, we’ve got you covered.
- Kimpton Hotels – ALL pets of ALL sizes welcome. A total dedication to fur-pal happiness and a boutique level experience. Yes. Please.
- Sheraton Hotels – For pups up to 80-ish pounds, a great night’s sleep is guaranteed on their signature heavenly beds – they even allow the humans to have them.
- Country Inn & Suites – Likely to find a room on the road wherever you need it. Call ahead – most dogs welcomed with belly rubs and humans with cookies.
Pi Day & Pup (Weird) Science
3.14 is Pi Day and it has us feelin’ a little sciency. Is your pup right or left pawed? Ambi-paw-strous, perhaps?! That’s right, this is serious stuff. Wanna find out with a quick test?
Dominant Paw Test:
- Fill a Kong with something delicious
- See which paw your pup uses (prefers) to stabilize it
- You now know if they are right or left pawed
- Apologize with treats if you’ve been expecting “Give me Paw” from their non-dominant paw