Everything going swimmingly at your house?!
It’s been six months of many of us really trying to find a routine. If you haven’t quite gotten there, you’re not alone. Working from home, kids e-learning from home—or managing both—can be a whole lot to juggle.
Would you and your doggo benefit from having them walked?
If you’d benefit from having more of a routine, the pets are a great place to start. We’re here, available, and happy to help keep them happy, occupied, and on a consistent schedule.
Happy End of Summer,
This fall will have less of normal life; school, social outings, sporting events, etc. But, it’s also full of MORRRRRE PUPPIES!!!
Adding fur-pals to households during COVID has been compared to the Cabbage Patch Kid craze of 1985 or the Tickle Me Elmo mania in 1996. So many puppies.
If you, or someone you know, has been lucky enough to welcome a pandemic pup into your home, we’d love to help get them outside and socialized.
Hi Pet Parents,
As always, the care and safety of your home, your pet(s), and our pet sitting team is our highest priority. As concerns about the Coronavirus/COVID-19 continue to rise, we wanted to take this opportunity to share that we are monitoring the situation closely with the interest and safety of everyone in the OUG! family top of mind.
As you know, the situation is changing rapidly. We are staying up-to-speed on a national level by following the U.S. Center for Disease Control (CDC) and World Health Organization’s (WHO) recommendations for preventing further spread of COVID-19 as it relates to our daily lives and service.
We’re also following pet industry experts to understand potential impacts to the care and safety of our furry friends. If you’d like to follow along, we’d recommend: Petco’s Pets and COVID-19: Information for Pet Parents provided by their Pet Wellness Council.
Additionally, in an effort to help protect you and our staff, we’re asking the following CDC recommended actions of our sitter team:
- Washing hands frequently
- Avoiding close contact with people that are sick
- Not working if they are sick
If there are any additional precautionary steps you’d like us to take, please let us know. We’ll do everything within our means to help keep everyone healthy and safe.
As the situation continues to evolve, we remain committed to you and our staff and will further communicate anything that would impact the world of OUG! or your service.
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
Top Dog, Out-U-Go!
Protect your pup’s paws with the right boots.
Rain, slush, snow, salt, heat – and everything in between – can be hard on the paws of our four-legged friends. And we know protecting paws can be a challenge. It’s no small feat to find booties that fit, are appropriate for for your pup’s level of activity, and are suitable for the season. Here are some recommendations from the OUG! Gang:
- Muttluks — Cult-like following and 7 models of boots to choose from these will likely fit the majority of paw bootie needs.
- Ruffwear’s Grip Trex — Best for our outdoor explorers. Paws on any terrain while biking, running, or hiking with their humans will be happy and safe.
- PAWZ Dog Boots — Almost sock like, these are for pups who need protection, but don’t like wearing booties and prefer a more subtle aesthetic and feel.
- Musher’s Secret — Offers protection from all the elements in the form of a natural wax.
The OUG! Gang
Happy New Year! We’ll raise a glass as soon as we can figure out this bottle.
We’ll see you and your furry fam next year!
The OUG! Gang
Top 5 Pet Gifts 2019
We hope your furry family is top on your list to shop for. That said, if you’re a gift purchasing procrastinator like we are, no need to worry! We’ve got you covered with our top pet gifts for 2019:
- Pendleton’s National Parks Dog Beds – Cozy and helps support our national parks
- Tuft & Paw’s Kitty Cocoon Bed – Lovely kitty products, made by artisans from around the world
- Yeti’s Boomer Pet Bowls – Just as practical as all their products for humans
- Planet Dog’s Naughty or Nice Bones – Your call on which feels most appropriate
- PetFusion’s Interactive Cat Toy – Feathers for days
The OUG! Gang